Saturday, October 9, 2010

Book Review: The Sonnet Lover - Carol Goodman

From the moment I started this book I was captured by Goodman's writing style. As a Shakespeare fan myself, the topic was especially interesting, and worked it's own magic in my mind. The basic premise is the story of a professor who travels to Italy to do some research on Shakespeare's Dark Lady as a foundation for a screenplay written by one of her students. I don't feel like I can say too much with out spoiling, so this will be brief.
I loved the romance and intrigue mixed with historical fiction. This book had everything I could ask for in a novel. I really felt like I was in Italy as Dr. Asher was doing her research, and I was anxiously turning the pages, anticipating her findings, hoping that all would be right in the end.
This was the first of Carol Goodman's novels that I have read, but I will be picking up more of her books in the future.

Recommend it: Definitely! I loved this book, it was awesome. Again, it's a romance, but it has some good substance to it. :)

Rating: ★★★★☆

2 comments: