Monday, March 14, 2011

If checks mean anything, I'm getting healthy!

Today I was checking more goals off my list, and I realized how well I am doing, especially with my fitness goals. Of my 18 total Health goals, I've completed 7, 5 are in progress, which only leaves 6 to get started on.
I'll start with those, as far as what I've completed.
#39. Keep a food and activity journal to aid with losing weight
I wanted to join weight watchers again because I know it works. I know it. But last year I let my subscription keep going and didn't use it. So Steven made a deal with me that if I could keep up with my exercise goals for a month that I could join weight watchers again, he would believe that I was serious about it again, and not just going to pay for something I wasn't using again. So in the meantime, I've been using myfitnesspal.com, and logging my food and exercise there. I've lost 5 pounds since I started my weight loss on Feb 8th, which is not nearly as good as i would want BUT I've still met some of my exercise goals.

#40. Make a list of things that make me happy
This is something I've been working on for a while, so you might have seen it before. Here is where you can read about these things.

☑42. Cook meals 3x a week for a month
I completed this a while back, but I've been keeping up with this fairly consistantly. Especially now that we are trying to cut back on our sodium as well as our spending!

☑44. Attempt to rid myself of anger and/or see a therapist
I've been seeing my therapist for probably 6 months now and I feel really good about it. She's someone I can be open with outside of my family who can help me move in the right direction in life.

☑47. Do a Zumba class
Completed this a while back as well, but because I loved the class so much, I bought the kinect game and I've been zumba-ing it up for a while now. Its such a great way to burn calories and have fun while I'm doing it.

#48. Do the 100 push up challenge
I just started week 5 yesterday, which means I should have just 6 more days (2 weeks) until I can do 100 pushups on my own. I can hardly believe it, because when I started I could only do 5.

49. Start doing pilates again 3x a week for two months (4/8)
I was doing so well with this one for a while! I was getting up in the mornings and doing my pilates and loving it, feeling great all day! Then I got sick a couple weeks ago, and got off track. I got up early enough to do it today but this DST crap has my sleep schedule off track so I just couldn't make myself do it. I plan to do it tonight, but it doesn't have the same effect as when I do it in the morning when I wake up. Still, I've been doing well!

☑50. Find a workout regimen I like and stick with it for 30 days or 10 weeks (30/30)
This one blows my mind. I was checking off all my goals every day not even thinking about this goal. I got to 30 days last tuesday, and I'm still going, so i'll also meet the 10 weeks goal... and again, I plan to keep on going. I've got a schedule set up through May, due to the Couch to 5k which i will be starting next monday (another goal I can check off!)

☑51. Eat a good breakfast every day for a week
I've done pretty well with this one over the course of the last month. I've slipped up a few times, but mostly I've been bringing my breakfast to work from home. So, again, I've kept it up over a week.

☑53. Complete the 200 squat challenge
I completed this today, my final test putting me at X total squats.
I'm so proud of myself!! I could do about 30 when I first started, so this is a huge difference from when I started. I feel great about it.

54. Cut out fast food for one month(5/30)
After hearing from the doctor that we need to cut back on sodium, fast food is a big no-no. So that was Thursday. Steven goes back in 3 months. I'd say we don't have fast food between now and then. Hopefully we can make it at least a month.

☑56. Spend more time outside
Pretty sure I finished this one last spring, but I'm pumped to re-meet this goal again this Spring. Which is right around the corner!

These are my progressions in the 'health' category! I'm feeling pretty darn proud of myself!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You have some amazing fitness goals ... I should be taking notes from you! Awesome job on completing so many!

    I love Zumba also, so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your list! and you are much braver than me for doing zumba, i have a mental picture of myself in that class and that is bad enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Holley! Thanks for the follow! Looking forward to hearing how your list is going! How's the Couch to 5K?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check lists are the BEST! I love how you can look over them and see all of the progress you've made!

    You should feel super proud of yourself...look at you go, you are making check marks like crazy!!!

    :)

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, i've heard so much good stuff about zumba! i want to try it... i'm afraid i'll look totally ridiculous though. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff!! My school offers zumba as a class and it counts towards your GPA, heck yeah!! I am going to steal some of your goals! Hope you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete