Sunday, June 6, 2010

Setting my direction, one baby step at a time..

33. Decide what to go to grad school for
So, this was a huge goal for me. I've known for a while that I want to go back to school to get my masters, I just didnt know what area of study to focus on. Well, I found it. I've discovered what seems to feel right, and I am so on the top of the world right now, the way I always feel when i find something that just seems to fall into place.
So what is my decision you may wonder.. What path have I chosen to take me down the next couple years of my life? {...drumroll please...}
Teaching!
Yes, I'm going to get licensed to be a teacher through the teachers education program in place for students who already have a bachelors degree. Basically I'll take a few classes to fulfill basically an education minor, then I'll do an internship. The internship will count as 24 credit hours toward a masters program, then I'll have 12 credit hours left to finish my masters in education.
I want to teach middle school reading. I really feel like that's the place for me to be. I think I've found my calling. And I really feel sure about this. Which is amazing because I haven't felt sure of any thing in 3 years. Career or school wise I mean.
So now I just have to get accepted...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Can you please make my decision for what I should go back for?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I think teaching is an amazing career. There is a lot of demand for it and the schedule is awesome. I have often thought of teaching at a middle school or high school if I wasn't doing counseling. How exciting, I really hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! girl...Teachers are in high demand..and they are the people that shape the future!

    ReplyDelete